Friends of Metropolitan School Frankfurt is a not-for-profit association whose members are parents, MSF Alumni and MSF Director, Mr Peter Ferres.
The mission of Friends of MSF is to foster community building among parents, staff, students, and alumni; and to provide additional resources to enrich the student experience and help fulfil MSF’s mission of offering outstanding, inspirational education.
Since its founding in 2009, Friends of MSF has played a major role in strengthening ties within the MSF community and fund-raising to support important school projects.
Friends of MSF works closely with Senior Leadership Team, Head Parent Representatives, Student Councils and different committees to achieve its goals. Welcome Committee, Gala Committee, International Day Committee operate under the umbrella of Friends of MSF.
MSF Friends hosts or provides support to events for the school community that bring parents, students and staff together in a fun and entertaining way. These events have helped develop and continue to reinforce the strong family spirit that is a hallmark at MSF.
Coffee Mornings: Our monthly coffee mornings are taking place at the school cafeteria and are announced on Notes to Parents.
Pub Quizzes: These much anticipated events are online which brings MSF’s Staff and Families together for an evening of friendly competition and fun.
GALA Night: MSF had two black tie events where parents, staff and board members had the opportunity to have an evening of fine dining, socializing, dancing while live and silent auctions took place. We are grateful to our Gala sponsors, organizing committee led by our members Ms. Putz and Ms. Smith and attendees for these important community building fund raising events.
International Day: is the biggest social event that takes place in spring. Parents, students, staff and alumni come together to celebrate our diverse culture by international food, concerts and other stage performances, games and competitions. This event is organized by parent volunteers and International Day committee.
Welcome Events: These are various events organized by the Welcome Committee with the support of Friends of MSF to help new parents integrate to our school community.
These community events are only possible with the help of active parent involvement and volunteering is an integral part of of MSF culture. Please contact email@example.com for volunteering opportunities.
Friends of MSF Committee
- coordinating Friends events
- liaise with school management, coordinate 3 to 4 committee meetings per school year
- coordinate fundraising
- communicate with Friends’ members and school community
- supports the President with coordinating events, planning, and communication
- organises minutes for all meetings
- keeps track of activity membership list
- participates in supporting role at Friends’ events
- maintains Friends’ bank accounts, responsible for ingoing/outgoing cash flow
- responsible for membership payments and related correspondence
- preparing and submitting MSF Friends tax declaration every three years
- helps support Friends’ activities and events
Head Parent Representative
- represents MSF community on the board
- supports Friends’ activities and events with the help of MSF Parent Representatives and parents
Member at Large
- supporting Friends’ activities and events
- auditing the MSF Friends accounts before they are submitted to the Finance Authorities
Dr. Tatyana Bogushevitch
Marketing and Alumni Relations
- supports the President with marketing and alumni relations
MSF Friends Activities at a Glance
Some of the initiatives Friends of MSF have co-sponsored for the school in past years are:
- Electronic piano
- Ipad trolleys
- Scoreboards in the sports hall
- Scientific equipment for the science labs
- Climbing wall and equipment for the playground
- Electronic beamers in Early Years
- 1st Day Welcome Coffee
- Eat & Greet for New Families
- Friends coffee mornings
- Autumn bazaar
- International Day
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to the MSF Friends! Share your ideas and help us to develop the MSF community!