We are accepting applications for the 2022 / 2023 academic year, as well as for the current school year, depending on the availability of spaces in individual grades.
MSF is open to students of all nationalities who demonstrate the ability to access and benefit from the opportunities and challenges of an international education and the MSF curricula. We are looking for applicants between the ages of 3 and 17 who are curious and eager to learn and who will contribute to the exceptional learning and social environment of the school.
Provided space in the relevant class is available, the main criterion for admission is the match between the candidate and the academic programmes offered by MSF. While applicants are assessed on their school records and learning abilities, MSF enrols those students whose personal, social and emotional needs can also be met by the school. In accordance with its mission as an international school, the Admissions Committee also considers the diversity of nationalities when reviewing applicants.
Applications for admission to MSF are primarily accepted from September to June for the following school year. An early application, along with a strong academic background, increases the chances of acceptance, as placements are highly competitive. In cases where a place is not available, students are placed on the school’s waitlist.
Placement in a particular grade and class is dependent on:
- appropriate age and maturity of the student. Please find the birth date guideline here
- report cards, progress reports, or transcripts from the previous school(s)
- a recommendation letter and referral from the current school
- placement assessments (Grades 2-11) in English and Mathematics, and in some cases, German, depending upon prior experience. Students entering Grade 11 are also assessed in science.
- social development during previous schooling and in consultation with the student’s parents
- a personal interview/trial day with the student (and, in some cases, with the student and his/her parents) to ascertain a positive attitude towards learning.
- the student must be living with at least one parent or legal guardian
The MSF Admissions Policy can be viewed here